Author Topic: Call: NCA Convention Panel(s) 2012 in Florida  (Read 2292 times)

kevin kuswa

Call: NCA Convention Panel(s) 2012 in Florida
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
Hello,

A friend of mine, Flemming Schneider (grad student at USC), and I are putting together a panel for the NCA in Florida in November, 2012.

Our panel topic is roughly about "Social Movements That 'Change the Debate.'"  If you have a paper or abstract that fits in that area, consider submitting it with us.  Our paper is a cross-movements analysis of the Tea Party and Occupy, looking at scholars who proclaim that theses movements have "changed the debate."  We'll assess that rhetoric, talk about what change and debate mean in those contexts, and make some conclusions about media representations of the importance of these movements.

If you are interested, please email me your paper topic, a 150 word abstract, and contact information including institutional affiliation. You can contact me at kkuswa @ csufresno dot edu.

If we get more than five good proposals, we'll look to do a part II.  we are currently planning to submit the panel to Public Address or Rhetorical Theory for the 2012 Convention.

Hope to hear from you--have a good one,

Kevin

kevin kuswa

Re: Call: NCA Convention Panel(s) 2012 in Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
oops--forgot a deadline--try for leap year day (next Tuesday) or contact us by then if interested.

Hello,

A friend of mine, Flemming Schneider (grad student at USC), and I are putting together a panel for the NCA in Florida in November, 2012.

Our panel topic is roughly about "Social Movements That 'Change the Debate.'"  If you have a paper or abstract that fits in that area, consider submitting it with us.  Our paper is a cross-movements analysis of the Tea Party and Occupy, looking at scholars who proclaim that theses movements have "changed the debate."  We'll assess that rhetoric, talk about what change and debate mean in those contexts, and make some conclusions about media representations of the importance of these movements.

If you are interested, please email me your paper topic, a 150 word abstract, and contact information including institutional affiliation. You can contact me at kkuswa @ csufresno dot edu.

If we get more than five good proposals, we'll look to do a part II.  we are currently planning to submit the panel to Public Address or Rhetorical Theory for the 2012 Convention.

Hope to hear from you--have a good one,

Kevin