College Policy Debate Forums
November 13, 2018, 04:06:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pref results at Shirley  (Read 1276 times)
glarson

« on: November 24, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »

For those who care about such things, pref results were, in my judgment, quite exceptional at the Shirley this year.  Even with very few extra rounds available and some late judge drops, we were able to complete the tournament without begging rounds from folks.  And all but two judges came within one round of completing their obligation.

The average pref assignment in percentage terms (using Bruschke's round weighted percentages) for all judge assignments in the tournament was 17.41%

The average for all teams/rounds prior to elimination (including presets) was 15.90%.  No judges were assigned that were higher than 50%.

The average for all teams in break rounds in round 7 and 8 was 11.27%.  In rounds 7-8 no team above the break received a judge assignment higher than 40%

The average for all elimination rounds was 6.44% (31 debates / 93 judges)

GARY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: