College Policy Debate Forums
September 22, 2018, 10:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donate 1ACs, 1NCs and a few frontlines  (Read 1646 times)
BrianDeLong

« on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »

Community,

Indiana is hosting an "intra-iu" debate tournament on November 4-5. The purpose of the tournament is to provide a service to IU undergrads who do not have enough time to travel competitively. The tournament will be the 2011-2012 CEDA/NDT topic. My plan is to provide paired down versions of affirmative and negative arguments on this topic for rounds that are about half the time of our communities policy debates. The tournaments will be judged by professors and volunteers in the community. IN other words, debate will be much more public in nature and 100 page files will be unnecessary for our first annual Intra-IU competition.

This is where you and your team come in. Rather than spending our precious time scouring the case lists and replicating ALL of the 1ACs and basic negative front lines for core arguments on the topic, I am emailing the community to see if there are members who are willing to donate the minimal level of 1ACs, 2ACs responses to core DAs/CPs, and 1NC shells. We are looking to reduce the size of even the basic policy 1AC into a more public debate oriented format that includes spaces for participating teams to add their own flavor of overviews etc. Having several major arguments will provide our participants with the excitement of choice and variety in each of their rounds.

Your donations to our cause will not be included or integrated in anyway into our competitive filing cabinet. Your involvement will be recognized during the awards assembly of which will include IU professors and deans. As academics, I think this is a great service that our community can provide for students on their campus. Maybe as we move forward this practice can be replicated across campuses. I would be more than willing to provide the collected material to any university who desires to create their own student-public debate tournament.

If you choose to participate please email the files to: brdelong@indiana.edu
We hope to provide the files to participants by October 15th.

Thank you for reading,

Brian DeLong
IU Dir. of Debate
BrianDeLong

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

We are ten days away from consolidation of our file set and distribution to IU non-debate team undergraduate participants.

I would like to thank Gabe Murillo for his donation. I received several emails from many of you who said that you will donate after Kentucky, thank you for responding to my call out.

Any assistance that we receive is good advertisement as well as investment in community-University relations here at Indiana. I will make sure to recognize each participating University during the opening assembly and awards.

Again all we are looking for is a paired down version of arguments that have already been read in a debate round. The time limits for the Intra-IU tournament speeches have been cut in half in comparison to policy debate norms.

Case, Case, neg, and generic DAs of 10-20 pgs maximum should suffice. Please help us fill in the gaps of countries so we can provide the best experience possible for our participants.

Thank you again and in advance.

Brian
Brdelong@indiana.edu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: