Author Topic: NDT Judging Update  (Read 2057 times)

John Fritch

NDT Judging Update
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »
Preferences will be entered using the ordinal ranking system used at many tournaments this year. As you enter your preferences, you will receive round-weighted percentiles. When judges are arranged by your preference, the number you see is the percentile the particular judge is ranked within the judging pool based on the total number of rounds of commitment in the pool.

A few items to keep in mind:

1.   I will provide changes to the judging pool as I receive them between now and registration. I will contact you through email from the debateresults.com web site. I do not plan on posting further changes to the NDT or CEDA web sites unless requested.
2.   Final preference sheet will be due at 11 am Central on Thursday, March 24.
3.   Teams will be asked to sign a strike sheet for verification purposes after that time. We will provide more information at registration.
4.   There likely will still be changes in the judging pool. Some teams are still looking for judges to fulfill their obligation. There will likely be some drops as well.
5.   Judges ranked in the bottom 24% of the pool will be considered strikes. Any judge with a ranking of 76% or lower will be considered a strike. (This is a change since the last posting. We have added more judges with less than 12 rounds. The increase in strikes was meant to accommodate that change.)
6.   Changes to judging pool:

Garner DOES have 12 rounds. He remains in the judging pool.
Clay Webb has been added to the judging pool. He does NOT have 12 rounds.
Geoff Smith has been added to the pool. He does NOT have 12 rounds.
Casey Kelly has been added to the pool. He does NOT have 12 rounds.
Peter McCollum has been added to the pool. He does NOT have 12 rounds.
Kristina Momary has been added to the pool. She does NOT have 12 rounds.
Steven Heidt has been added to the pool.
Andrew Barnes has been added to the pool.
Neil Blackmon has been added to the pool.
Kate Lavelle does have 12 rounds. She already had been in the pool.

7.   The following judges have not judged 12 rounds on the topic but are required to be in the judge pool under the standing rules of the NDT. The standing rules state: “NDT Workers: Individuals in attendance at the National Debate Tournament who provide significant coaching to, or argument production for, any team participating in the NDT should be required to enter the judging pool on a supplemental strike sheet for at least four debates or, if it is more appropriate, provide a significant equivalent contribution to the tournament as defined by the tournament host or director.” I have increased the number of strikes by 4% of the judging pool to take these judges into account.

Ford, Rachel
Friend, Gregory
Hall, Brad
Kelly, Casey
Klinger, Michael
Lotz, Wes
Lundberg, Chris
Momary, Kristina
Morales, Tristan
Paone, Ralph
Richey, Kate
Robins, Christopher