College Policy Debate Forums
October 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UR Debate Seeks Coach for 2011-2012 Season  (Read 779 times)
URDU

« on: March 27, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »

The University of Rochester is seeking an Assistant Coach for the 2011-2012 Debate Season.  The position has not yet been approved for the 2011-2012 year, so this is a pre-announcement.

Responsibilities are to successfully transport students to debate tournaments, teach argumentation and debate strategies to U of R students, and direct winning research initiatives. 

Primarily, the Assistant Debate Coach will help with students improve their debate ability.  This requires holding regular office hours, attending team and coach meetings, and judging practice debates throughout the week and sometimes on weekends.   

Salary has traditionally been $14,000/year with University Health Benefits.  Coaches also earn judging fees ($200) for each tournament they judge.

Please see any of our current or former assistant coaches to get the inside scoop on working with the U of R debate team. Gordie Miller, Alia Bellwood, and Buddy Khan will give any information you seek. 

To express interest in this position, please email me at kjohns15@mail.rochester.edu

All my best,

Ken Johnson
Director of Forensics
University of Rochester

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: