Author Topic: Kansas City Kansas Assistant Coach/Faculty Position Official Posting  (Read 3019 times)

DarrenElliott

Our posting is now official.  If you are interested in applying for the KCK position, please follow the instructions below.  The primary responsibilities of the position, outside of teaching, will include research, card cutting, traveling to tournaments, judging, practice debates, and hosting various college and HS tournaments on the KCK campus.  The position is geared toward someone with proven success in coaching national level NDT/CEDA policy debate. 

The College and community are very supportive of debate!  We've been mentioned as a key part of the college by incumbent Board members running for re-election to the College Board of Trustees, been referenced as important to KCKCC as basketball is to The University of Kansas, have strong support from the Dean, Provost, Vice President, President, and Board of Trustees.  The team has a budget competitive with any 4 year institution in the District.  We have ample scholarships.  The team travels nationally and regionally and expects the coaching staff to be prepared to continue a tradition of excellence.  The position is full-time and you become eligible for tenure in 3 years.  If you have questions, please email me at delliott@kckcc.edu  I will be at the CC Nationals in Connecticut and New York City next week but will be answering emails promptly.

To apply:
1. Go to kckcc.edu
2. Click on the Employment Opportunities link
3. Click on and fill out the electronic application form
4. Click on the posting for full time speech instructor, download the description, and note at the bottom of the description other materials you should include in the application process

Review begins April 20th

DarrenElliott

Re: Kansas City Kansas Assistant Coach/Faculty Position Official Posting
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
I would like to congratulate Dr. Scott Elliott who will be joining us in the Fall as the new Asst. Director of Debate and Forensics at KCKCC. We had an excellent pool of over 30 applicants, and were very pleased with everyone we interviewed. I sincerely wish we had the money and positions to hire them all. Will continue working on that! In the meantime, welcome to our newest Blue Devil coach and full-time faculty member!  A successful Director and Coach at many programs, and with a few Phi Rho Pi titles under his own belt as a competitor (way) back in the day, we know his coaching and research skills will mean even more success for the Blue Devil program.  Welcome aboard Scott!

chief