College Policy Debate Forums
December 11, 2017, 03:50:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disclosure  (Read 2901 times)
Sarahjane

« on: October 04, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »

Small local tournament- we get it, but its just as important to us as Wake or Kentucky. We're bringing young debaters and we've put all of our stuff on the caselist. Can KCKCC please put their AFF & NEG for your JV teams who have been to 3 tournaments on the caselist?

Education Good. Disclosure Good.
umad

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though KCKCC posted their cites a while ago to the case that the entire team has been reading for the past three tournaments. I'm just wondering if this is the most appropriate manner in which to approach this issue? Have a nice day, good luck this weekend.
DarrenElliott

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »

Little time or desire to get into a discussion over disclosure norms, or the motivations to "call out" one school when others clearly havent met your standards of "education juhdge".  I can only assume.  However during an elim at UNI I posted everything.  Sometime during the time it took us to get home, half of it was gone.  Not sure how or why.  A recent private comment by Malcolm comes to mind and brings a smile to my face.  Before GSU, same thing.  Regardless, the open team listed has the neg args for the jv teams.  As I assume others have done to post for their own teams.  Now if I only had 6-10 asst coaches to make sure stuff is uploaded and never removed.....

I heard on a T debate once education is oppressive and disclosure benefits the oppressor.....

In other news we look forward to hosting everyone this weekend at the Wake Forest of small regional tournaments!
Back to things that matter.
DarrenElliott

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »

PS--when you click on "scouting info" next to the team names entered in the tournament, none of the entered teams for KSU have negatives posted (except Jeremy David), unless of course like our teams their stuff is subsumed in the negs of other teams on the page.  If we're following the same disclosure norms I'm even more amazed at the initial post. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: