College Policy Debate Forums
February 19, 2018, 04:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monmouth Pref Update # 2  (Read 1191 times)
ChristyWebster

« on: January 27, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »

There have been a number of judges added to the pref sheet since it opened last night. Any judges you have not ranked will appear as a "0" and will be located at the top of your pref sheet. Please rank them now. This means if you did you prefs before I sent this email today you still need to login now and rank the judges that were just added. A reminder that prefs need to be completed by 3PM. Unranked judges give the tab room a free pass to place them in your rounds. Any late prefs will not take effect until round 3.

A couple of last minute items...

Again, any changes need to be emailed to me directly.

All judges are obligated for one round beyond when the squad they are judging for is eliminated (remember that Monmouth does not have a large assistant coaching staff or lots of area judges to cover the final rounds so this might have to be enforced. It also means that we aren't going to be able to be as flexible about sending judges home from squads who are still in the tournament).

30 point speaker scale with all tenths, no ties.

Pairings for Rounds 1 and 2 will be released electronically on the forums and on the Northeast listserve on Saturday morning. They will also be available on campus. We are using the CAT, so online ballot entry should also be functioning as well.

We are currently at 34 teams in Novice. We dipped down to 33 teams last night but Joe Patten graciously entered a team so we would be able to preserve a partial double octos. This means 5 prelim rounds in Novice on Saturday and Sunday morning we will run a partial doubles round during the first round (while JV and Open are competing in round 6). This will be a great opportunity for Novices who have a bye in doubles or who don't break to watch an Open round.

--
Best,

Christy Webster Dunn
Army Debate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: