Author Topic: Hotel Block issues?  (Read 4800 times)

jakethompson

Hotel Block issues?
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
Is anyone else trying to book rooms at the tourney hotel on Wednesday (3/28)?  The hotel says they cannot honor the block rate that night and are quoting us a nightly rate of $184.00--which is a TOTALLY RIDICULOUS price for a hotel room in the middle of the week in suburban atlanta.   

Ideas?

Jake

blain

Re: Hotel Block issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »
Yes, we have the same issue.

SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Have either of you tried communicating with Karen Jordan directly?  If we sold all the rooms we had in the original block then if you try to make your reservations through a national service, they will show that there are not rooms available.  Karen told me that they are still honoring the rate if they have rooms available.  Her direct e-mail is Karen.Jordan@crestlinehotels.com .

If you are still having problems, you should contact Bill Newnam as he is in contact with Karen regularly.

Sherry

BManuel

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »
I have 2 rooms available from Wed - Monday at the Tournament hotel.  If someone would like them please email me at brian.manuel@stanforddebate.com

I booked these well in advance and no longer have use for them.

They are both Double-Double rooms.

Let me know,
Brian

charrigan

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
MSU has 2 extra double rooms, Weds--Monday night, at the tournament hotel. If you would like them, email me: harriga8 at msu  dot edu.

SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:59 AM »
If no one takes you up on this, please email Karen Jordan to give the rooms back.  She is keeping a waiting list of people trying to get rooms at the rate -- especially for Wednesday night.

Sherry

charrigan

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »
MSU rooms are taken.

ch