Author Topic: Part-time debate coach position, California State University, Sacramento  (Read 2640 times)

khtudor

Sacramento State will be hiring a part-time lecturer to teach our debate class and coach our team starting in the fall of 2013.  I will remain the program administrator, but have decided to step back from traveling and coaching.

The position will be to teach our debate class, which is a 6 unit course assignment (equivalent to 2 classes).  There may be an opportunity to teach additional classes, but I've been told that at least in the first semester that is not guaranteed.  Teaching six units does provide full benefits (full medical/dental/vision/pension).  The class meets 2x a week for 3 hours each meeting, so having another job at the same time is very workable.  A master's degree in Comm Studies will be required, with completion of the degree by August of 2013.  A JD is also an acceptable degree for the position.

Sac State's debate class is usually about 25 people, mostly novice, with a handful of more experienced debaters.  We travel a mostly regional schedule, with usually about a dozen students who travel regularly.  We do have graduate assistant positions, which I believe we have filled for the fall of 2014, so there'd be some help coaching/traveling. 

If interested, please email me at khamilton@csus.edu and I will direct you to the application materials and answer any questions you have. The CV and letter of interest are due to our department by March 29. 

Kristen Tudor
Director of Debate
CSU Sacramento
khamilton@csus.edu