Author Topic: Call for Debate Course Syllabi and Learning Objectives  (Read 4010 times)

paulmabrey

Call for Debate Course Syllabi and Learning Objectives
« on: April 16, 2013, 04:30:05 AM »
As part of the CEDA Debate Research and Assessment working group, we are gathering information that will help us create assessment tools to use in/for the debate community. We would also like to be able to share what has been and is currently used by members of the community. Please send any debate syllabus that you have used, use or anticipate using to paulmabrey AT gmail DOT com. Whether you use for your team, a public debate class or however you use it, we are interested in reviewing possible characteristics, skills sets or learning objectives that we emphasize in debate. We would also like to create a database of debate and related syllabi for members of our communities to use when planning debate classes and programs, whether for the first time or 100th. You can also post here. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback. Thanks you!

Paul

paulmabrey

Re: Call for Debate Course Syllabi and Learning Objectives
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:24:05 AM »
For example, I have attached the syllabus I used for an Argument & Advocacy class and a syllabus for our basic communication course that I teach using research intensive switch-side debate as a process for our required material.

JustinGreen

• Kansas State Debate Team
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »
This Syllabus is designed for a Debate and Advocacy as Public Speaking Replacement - 100 level course.  I look forward to stealing ideas from others.  One unique element - The last section of this class the students are asked to compete as part of either a non-profit asking a foundation for money or a start-up business vying for capital.  Class winners of each category receive automatic A's - class votes.  Point is....argument winners and losers are everywhere in life - rewards come from that whether we like it or not.  Be happy to share more with anyone interested.

Justin Green

jregnier

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »
E PRIME assignment, I love it!