Author Topic: K-State ADOD  (Read 2777 times)

joe

K-State ADOD
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »
It is with regret that we have to announce that Martin Osborn will be moving on from K-State.  As such, we have an ADOD position that needs filled starting in August.  We intend to run a quick search and because of this have lessened the usual requirements.  You'll need 3 references instead of letters of recommendation and interviews will be conducted via Skype or some other suitable online medium.  The official details are contained below, but anyone seeking further information can feel free to contact me at joe.koehle.debate AT gmail.com:

The Communication Studies Department at Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas seeks an Assistant Director of Debate (ADOD). This is a full-time position beginning August 18, 2013.

The ADOD works under the director of debate on team travel, judging, recruiting, team preparation and administration. The ADOD also teaches some combination of the following courses during the academic year: public speaking, small group communication, business and professional speaking, advanced public speaking or interpersonal communication, as determined by the department head. Salary is competitive.

Applicants must have an MA in Communication Studies or Communication-related field completed by August 1st, 2013 and have coaching/teaching experience at the collegiate level. Preferred qualifications include a record of success in competition and in the classroom, demonstrated commitment to building a diverse team and ability to work cooperatively with others.

Please electronically submit cover letter, curriculum vita, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information (email, telephone) of three professional references.
All application materials are to be addressed as follows:

Debate Search Committee
c/o Sarah Sullivan
Department of Communication Studies
Kansas State University
129 Nichols Hall,
Manhattan KS, 66506
ssulliva@k-state.edu

Screening begins for applicants on May 31st, 2013, and continues until the position is filled.

A background check is required.

Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.

ozzy

Re: K-State ADOD
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »
Aspiring debate coaches should strongly consider this variegated opportunity. K-State looks out for its debaters, as conveyed by the team's healthy GTA crew, the travel opportunities offered each season, and the University President's twitter account. The team is hungry ... and getting bigger. Your future departmental colleagues are kind, supportive academics. Specifically, working with Joseph Koehle has been a privilege from both personal and professional standpoints for me. Despite my departure, I truly believe that now is the time to buy into this squad.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:44:04 PM by ozzy »