Author Topic: Still happening?  (Read 6165 times)

loghry

Still happening?
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
Just wondering if there's a possibility this tournament won't happen.

DarrenElliott

Re: Still happening?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
We have 4 teams entered as of yesterday/today.  Could enter maybe 1 more if necessary.  Have 2 in novice and while I would prefer they not debate Open teams, if the divisions collapse we won't pull them out.  We will just promise them there will be no bloodshed! : )

PS-- #pizza
PS-- Joey B's on the Hill in St Louis has the best #pizza ever.  I got you Loghry!

chief

Lwrnc

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »
This tournament is definitely going to happen.  Our treasurer is in the process of negotiating purchases of food and awards, and I am currently training myself to tab. 

loghry

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »
as i understand it (please, ermo, correct me if i'm wrong) we need 6 schools and 6 teams more than the school with the most teams to get CEDA sanctioned. i would really like for this tournament to make, but it seems like these minimal standards will not be met. :-\

Lwrnc

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »
The Spring Constitution says only 6 teams from 3 schools are needed.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ermo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:35 AM »
Lawrence is correct about 3 schools but with fewer than 6 teams in addition to the largest school attending, a 6 round prelim would require hitting the same opponent twice. With X+6, you can preset a different opponent each round for the school with the most teams, and schools with fewer teams will hit less than all the field.