College Policy Debate Forums
December 11, 2017, 03:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Puget Sound is the Official Host for 2018 CEDA Nats  (Read 694 times)
Amber Kelsie

« on: August 24, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »

I'm excited to announce that we will be hosting 2018 CEDA Nationals, March 14-19, at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington!

UPS has graciously offered their home as the site for 2018 CEDA Nats, ensuring that we have a location that is accessible to all our community members.

On behalf of the Cross Examination Debate Association, and personally, I want to thank Derek Buescher and Brittany Williams for all of their efforts.  Their hard work and deep commitment to our activity has renewed our possibility to be a national tournament worthy of the name.  I am confident that they will be excellent and hospitable hosts.

I also want to thank Jeffrey Jarman and the Wichita squad for offering to host this tournament at Wichita State this year.  Wichita State has hosted CEDA Nationals several times, and each time it has been an amazing experience.  Unfortunately, we were not able to host our national tournament in Kansas this season given the California travel ban.  All of our members make it possible for any of our community to exist.  We felt it necessary to take proactive steps to ensure that we host our national tournament at a location that would serve the entirety of our community.  We are, after all, the people's tournament. 

I want to encourage all of our member schools to attend CEDA Nationals this year.  Our activity thrives so long as we are committed to engaging in debate in multiple argumentative geographies.  From our new member schools to our oldest institutions, and from our novices to our senior competitors, I believe it is our love of sport, commitment to intellectual growth, and willingness to engage others that makes what we do great.  We will not overcome our trained incapacities talking only to those we already know.   As a community, we will sink or swim together. 

I look forward to seeing you all in the upcoming season and in Tacoma, Washington.

Amber

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: