College Policy Debate Forums
November 19, 2017, 11:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graduate Assistant position for UWG Debate  (Read 251 times)
Hester

« on: September 25, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »

UWG Debate is housed in the College of Social Sciences.

COSS offers face-to-face master's programs in Criminology, Psychology, and Sociology, as well as a fully online MA program in Public Administration. COSS offers a PhD in Psychology: Consciousness & Society. The Graduate Assistant can enroll in any of these programs (if enrolled in the fully online Public Administration MA program, the duties of the GA position would be modified accordingly for those whose residency did not allow them to be in Carrollton on a regular basis).

Financial assistance that comes with the GA position includes:
- the costs for all tuition & fees is paid for
- a stipend of $3000 per semester for Fall and Spring

This position serves as an assistant for the Director of UWG Debate. Duties include assisting in coaching undergraduate students, judging practice debates, research assignments, and attending debate tournaments to help fulfill judging commitments. Prior debate experience (as competitor and/or coach) is required to satisfactorily fulfill these duties.

Further information about each of the degree programs, including important information regarding application deadlines can be found at https://www.westga.edu/academics/coss/academic_programs.php.

Please contact me at mhester@westga.edu if you are interested in applying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: