Author Topic: Call for 2021 Summer Meeting Hosts and 2022 CEDA Nationals Hosts  (Read 71 times)

nryan

• Liberty Debate
Call for 2021 Summer Meeting Hosts and 2022 CEDA Nationals Hosts
« on: November 12, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
Continuing the call for 2021 and 2022 bids (I've gotten a few interested folks, but no formal bids yet, and would like to have something more concrete for the NCA meeting, especially for the summer meeting). If you have questions or are potentially interested feel free to message me. I'm looking to get on this in place as soon as possible.

For Summer 2021 Meeting – CEDA is seeking a host that can provide a room with WiFi capability, but a “smart classroom” with recording capabilities would be strongly preferred.
Submissions should include:
Submission: Please email me your bid information in a Word or pdf document by the deadline. The bid should be no more than 2 pages in length. Send to nryan2wc@gmail.com. Potential opportunities for engaging public, expert and/or diverse community populations is encouraged.
Preferred dates: May 27 to May 30, 2021 (arriving May 27 with the CEDA Business Meeting in the afternoon; Topic Meeting would be in the morning on May 28 to midday on may 30).
While the above dates are preferred, June 3-6, 2021 is another potential weekend. If you would like to propose a different date in your bid, please do.
Technology preferences: Participants should have access to wireless internet while on campus. The ability to webcast the topic meetings is preferred via a smart classroom is preferred but not required.
Travel Arrangements: Hosts should detail travel costs and options, and whether they are able to provide any travel support such as airport shuttling for participants.
Hotel: Host should provide a suggested meeting hotel and the room rate.
Other amenities: Additional host support, such as hospitality, lunches, etc., is welcomed but not required. Please detail any additional amenities you plan to provide in your bid.

Its also possible we may have to zoom meetings again, but would like to explore the option of in person if hosts are available.

For CEDA 2022 host– CEDA is looking for a host of the 2022 CEDA Nationals debate tournament. The weekend is flexible and likely dependent on when the NDT chooses its weekend, but either late March or early April are the typical dates.
There is a longer bid template but ideally looking for an explanation of the support the host can offer, as well as a commitment to be able to use 100 classrooms on campus. An estimate of hotel cost, food costs etc. If you have any interest please let me know as I can share the full bid template of what CEDA is looking for..
Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for considering engaging in this valuable service to the debate community.

Nick Ryan
2nd Vice President, CEDA