Author Topic: Brian Fletcher  (Read 267 times)

SherryHall

Brian Fletcher
« on: April 07, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »
I learned this morning of the passing of yet another former Northwestern debater at too young of an age.  Brian Fletcher passed away yesterday.

SherryHall

Re: Brian Fletcher
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
Steve Mancuso
Our dearest friends and family members can suffer from addiction and mental illness and we may not know it until it’s too late to help them. Even if we do learn early of their illness, often there’s nothing we can do, despite great effort. Either case may prove challenging beyond our ability as humans to understand and manage. Dammit.
Treasure people who provide you joy and meaning. Don’t assume they can’t slip away.

SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 02:45:12 PM »
Paul Derby

I lost one of my dearest friends yesterday morning.
Brian Thomas Fletcher
and I were always friends, since days long ago working together for a few weeks each summer at Northwestern. But we became really good friends when he moved to Los Angeles. He sure saw me through some things, and I hope I did the same for him. The girls will miss their crazy Uncle Fletch, and I will miss you so much Brian. I would do anything for just one more martini, but then again, you knew how much I loved you.

SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:45:33 PM »
Shannon Redmond Feldman

I went to high school with Brian. I am devastated and heart broken for his family and friends.

SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:45:51 PM »
Abram Pafford

A terrible loss. My condolences to you and to everyone who loved Brian.

SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Sonja Starr

This is just terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss.

SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 02:48:19 PM »
Hajir Ardebili

Be at peace, my sweet friend.  In everything that you did, whether as an emergency room physician, son, brother, uncle, doggie Dad, or friend, you approached it with boundless passion and personal investment.  Your humanity vibrated with a greater intensity than others, and it was a gift to experience that.  My heart aches for the pain that you endured, and we will miss you dearly.  But I will always smile when I think of you, remembering your mischievous crooked smile that you inherited from your father, genuine-to-the-bone hugs, serving as my ever-faithful partner-in-martinis, sending me jaw-droppingly naughty memes, and stealing my girl for 80s night at The Abbey.  My love, always.

SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 02:49:42 PM »
Karen Scott

Completely gutted by this news. Sending hugs

SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
Jairus Victor Grove

I cant believe this. So sorry Hajir. Too many debaters die too young. It is really hard to accept.

SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »
Kristin Langwell

I’m so sick over this. There’s a GG mural we pass in downtown Tampa. Every time we pass I would think “need to send that to Fletch”. Sigh.

SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Kristin Langwell

Were any of you at Ducks memorial? That eulogy he gave, best speech ever. Never thought I would laugh at such an event but sure enough.

SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 05:08:22 PM »
Sonja Starr
Oh dear lord, please tell me I am misunderstanding this. FUCK.

Lesley Wexler
Sonja Starr
alas...

Sonja Starr
I am gobsmacked, and so sorry to you and to all who loved him. What a loss.

Lesley Wexler

I just keep thinking about how many and how much the NU folks have already lost.