College Policy Debate Forums
November 16, 2018, 05:33:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Message from Joe Carver--Horse to Water--Ronald McDonald House  (Read 1996 times)
stannard67

« on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »

Joe asked me to post this.  I endorse it too. Smiley  -mjs

Hello Debate Community,

Many of you know me and are familiar with the contents of this email but now that we have the unique potential to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House, I wanted to send this community wide.

My band, Horse to Water, partnered with Pledge Music to make our record. It allowed us to reach out to fans and allow them to pledge and pre-order our record. In three weeks, we made our goal. That left us nearly forty days. The great part of Pledge Music is that, now that we have made our goal, they allow us to commit a percentage of our pledges to the charity of our choice. We committed to donate 80% of the pledges to the Ronald McDonald House Charities in the name of MacKenzie Petersen.

I am sure that all of us know Jason, Sue and MacKenzie. I did not have to think long and hard to make a decision on what charity to pick. I thought about my years in debate, my friends and family and memories. Sue and Jason were such a prevalent part of those memories, I wanted them to know that they really meant the world to me. I know that the RM House meant the world to them when Little Mac was being cared for. Jason told me more than once how amazing the people at Ronald McDonald House were. Deciding what percentage to donate was easy too. I wanted us to give everything that could even smell like a profit. So, we committed eight of every ten dollars. The only two we keep, is to cover some of the costs of cd printing.

So, the long and the short of it is this; now that we have exceeded our goal, I would like to ask you to support my band and the people of RMHC who have supported so many people as they did the three people that I mentioned and that I treasure. We have a little over 30 days and then the pledge drive will close and  the check will be cut to the charity. When the album is completed in June, you will get a download as well as a physical copy. There are additional levels of pledging if you feel generous. All can be found at http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/h2h20

There are tracks up from the demo sessions last summer at that site but please also feel free to visit our webpage at www.h2h20.com

Thank you so much for reading. My word economy never was much to be proud of. And thank you for being a part of this.

Joe Carver

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: