College Policy Debate Forums
August 18, 2018, 07:43:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Deloach  (Read 35069 times)
SherryHall

« on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

I received the following email forwarded to me from Brian Lain.  At this point we do not have any details as to what happened, but apparently Mark DeLoach former Director of Debate at the University of North Texas and graduate assistant coach at the University of Southern California and the University of North Texas, passed away this past weekend.  There are no confirmed details on the cause of death or word of services at this time.  Mark leaves behind a ten-year-old daughter, and many friends at UNT, USC, and throughout the debate community.

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:13:37 -0500
To: Brian Lain <blain@unt.edu>
Subject: Dr. Mark Deloach  FYI

Dr. Mark DeLoach former UNT Professor passed away this past Friday at his home just outside of Seattle, WA. Mark had not been sick so, at this time, the cause is not known. He was just 46. Those of you that know Mark will remember that his wife passed away from a long battle with cancer a little less than 5 years ago. He leaves behind a daughter, Annabella, who is 10. Fortunately, in many ways, she was not home at the time as she was spending a few weeks with her Grandparents in Albuquerque. She will, most likely, end up there now on a permanent basis.

Sincerely,
Steve Hampton

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
ISAIAH 40:31
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »

I am wondering how many friends I can lose in such a short time. Can't believe that we've lost Mark DeLoach. Too stunned to really know what to say, except rest in peace my friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »

Joe Bellon :

Damn. The hits just keep on coming, don't they?
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:23:32 PM »

Shawn Whalen:

I understand that he was found in his apartment Sunday (Bella was visiting grandparents). No evidence of foul play or anything self inflicted - there will be an autopsy tomorrow.

No news on services yet.

So, so sad.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »

Jan Hovden :

RIP Mark. You will be missed greatly.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:53 PM »

Jane Boyd:

RIP Mark DeLoach - you were a good friend and will be missed by all that knew you.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »

Darren Elliott  :

RIP Mark Deloach. When you left Debate it left a hole in the community and the UNT program. I simply loved talking to you at tournaments and in the years since you have left. Another sad loss for all of us and our friends at UNT.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »

Scott Elliott:
  My condolences. Thinking positive thoughts for his daughter.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:56:49 AM by SherryHall » Logged
hansonjb

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »

tragic. i am so sad about this. mark was wonderful person--so engaging, funny, really friendly. terrible loss.

jim hanson Smiley
seattle u debate forensics speech rhetoric
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:50 PM »

Stephen Stetson:
 is super bummed about the run of tragic deaths befalling the debate community. What a cosmic run of depressing events.

SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »

John Hines :

Not a good year for the UNT debate family. Another sad day.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

Alysia Cockrell Davis :

Rest in peace, Mark DeLoach. You were always so welcoming to me. My condolences to all the people you loved and who still love you.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »

Tara Tate :

My favorite UNT memories have always been those of Gossett and DeLoach egging each other on in the battle of sarcasm in the hallways of Terrill Hall. I could not have asked for two more supportive, energetic mentors and the world is a lonelier place without their wit, care, and infectious laughter. I can't believe the UNT family is facing such another tragic loss so soon. Love to my Mean Green family.
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »

Darren Elliott :

"I was in grad school at Wichita State and we had a team in a classic D3 runoff rd late in the night of the D3 tournament. Vs the Fort and Bill's team no less. Tournament at UNT. DeLoach drags me to the bar during the rd because I was so nervous. I laughed for an hour and a half as we talked and he told debate stories. Classic DeLoach. Only thing that helped me keep my sanity during that debate. So crazy that he's gone. "
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »

Michael Davis :

remembers Mark Deloach as one of the the first NDT coaches that welcomed this CEDA person into the coaching fraternity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: