Author Topic: OU to host UCO Weekend!  (Read 7141 times)

Boomer

OU to host UCO Weekend!
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
Hello,

Just to be clear.

I think our tournament will be on Sat-Mon.

November 6-8.   

Come check out Norman. 

Jackie

Boomer

Re: OU to host UCO Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »
After consultation and encouragement from coaches who live close.
Our dates will be Friday - Sun instead of Monday.  It will be as close to the same time as the Joe C Jackson as we can get.
Start time after 3:00 Friday for Round I.  This saves one night of hotel rooms for some people.

Thanks,

Jackie

ScottElliott

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
I don't know if my program can make it. But I just want to thank Jackie and OU for stepping up and offering a tournament in D-3.

Scott Elliott

Boomer

Native American Topic Division!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:58:25 PM »
So here is the plan.

On Saturday we will also be hosting a 1 day, 2 prelims and 1 or 2 outrounds..... We have a format that includes 2 Constructives and one Rebuttal.

8 (C) - 3 (CX)  - 6 (R)  - 5 Minutes Prep

We will start at 11:00 on saturday. If you have a team you would like to have compete, please bring them.
No they don't have to be Indian, but they do have to debate the topic focused around Native America...  The topic will be on the invite.

Jackie Massey
debate@ou.edu

jamiecarroll

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
oh, so they HAVE to debate the topic, huh? what are the consequences if they don't?

Hester

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
oh, so they HAVE to debate the topic, huh? what are the consequences if they don't?

according to the evidence i've heard from Shively, it'll make having any kind of educational discussion impossible, but the debater reading that ev was really unclear, so i may have mis-heard it.

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »
we will burn your wagon...

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »
The Native American topic aspect of the tournament will be people from other schools who have started a Native American studies debate topic.  They actually want to debate the topic, but I am sure that the debates will continue if someone chose to talk about something else.  Other schools who are  coming for the CEDA/NDT tournament might bring people to enter, but it will be the first tournament ever for some.  We just thought it would be a good time to host both tournaments.

I like the question....