Author Topic: Cal and the Kentucky Round Robin  (Read 14227 times)

Anon1234

Re: Cal and the Kentucky Round Robin
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
Is Greg Achten banned from all University of Kentucky sponsored and hosted debate events?

It would seem that if the argument is couched in terms of public safety, this would be the unavoidable corollary.

Pretty positive it is just the RR. Also I think its pretty clear that this has nothing to do with public safety. Personal problems that are being hashed out in public when very few people know all the details, and when it effects others (such as the debaters) is a dangerous combination.

andreareed

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
I wish to clarify that Greg Achten is not a threat to the safety of the debate community, college or high school.  We apologize for comments we have made in personal and public communication to that effect.  Greg is respected member of the community and will be invited to attend all future tournaments hosted by the University of Kentucky.

asnider

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
I wish to clarify that Greg Achten is not a threat to the safety of the debate community, college or high school.  We apologize for comments we have made in personal and public communication to that effect.  Greg is respected member of the community and will be invited to attend all future tournaments hosted by the University of Kentucky.

This is clearly the right move. Not only because I asked for it, but because now we can move on, and UKY debate can move on.

To the joy of many I will now go back to being a lurker.

Alfred Snider, University of Vermont